In my day job I have been lucky enough to work be working on a project to do with Derek Jarman, to be honest, I have never been a huge fan of his films before, and prefer his writing and music videos, however having read and seen a lot about him and his background I have realised that the problem was not with them, but with me, the thoughts and processes behind what he did, the messages and influences are so incredible and often really exciting – I know that might all sound really trite and nonsensical, I just wanted to be honest and work out what it is I find so exciting and inspiring about his work and the way he approached everything he made..I guess I love how romantic a lot of what he did was, romantic in all senses, in the sensitive sense, in the sentimental sense and also often in the melodramatic sense, to remain romantic in this way I guess I become attracted to the intimacy and the sense of honesty and shared experience…not sure where this is going…. watch this space I guess..
- RAISING HELL SHOWING IN NEW YORK
- Stonewall publishes groundbreaking research examining the experiences of children with gay parents.
- Children of lesbian couples ‘have fewer behaviour problems’
- Mom’s Apple Pie: The Heart of the Lesbian Mothers’ Custody Movement
- Since the trailer went live…
- Teaser Trailer for Raising Hell
- The important thing is love
- from observer: New surrogacy law eases the way for gay men to become legal parents
- Interview with Spare Rib Co-founder taken from Observer Review