Through the research and production stages of this film I am reminded time and again of the plights, fights and struggles of Lesbian mothers, however, research and discussion on Gay Dads is still fairly limited, and although I make no claims that the film I am making will cover every type of child with Lesbian and Gay parents – I feel it is important that they get as much exposure and understanding – there was a great article in the Observer in October by Rebecca Seal entitled “The rise of the gay dad: Having two dads isn’t as unusual as it used to be. Rebecca Seal meets the generation of young, gay men who are re-inventing the world of adoption”. However, most kids with Gay parents through adoption are still too young to talk about it in a reflective way, if there is anyone out there aged 14-30 ish with Gay dads that would like to talk with me about their experiences on camera I would be most grateful.
- RAISING HELL SHOWING IN NEW YORK
- Stonewall publishes groundbreaking research examining the experiences of children with gay parents.
- Children of lesbian couples ‘have fewer behaviour problems’
- Mom’s Apple Pie: The Heart of the Lesbian Mothers’ Custody Movement
- Since the trailer went live…
- Teaser Trailer for Raising Hell
- The important thing is love
- from observer: New surrogacy law eases the way for gay men to become legal parents
- Interview with Spare Rib Co-founder taken from Observer Review