On a more practical level I am meeting my lovely editor and (the only person I dare collaborating with on this film) this weekend to cut something to submit for the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. It really would be a dream come true to have this film play there. What with this being my first film and all, who knows what will happen – we are keen to draw on the influences of queer film makers and theory from the 1970s onwards to embed the film in visual history as well as a social one – I have been watching tonnes of Jarman, Hammer and Freidrich’s to get an idea of the textures and techniuques I want to use so fingers crossed and watch this space as we may have a trailer by next week!
- RAISING HELL SHOWING IN NEW YORK
- Stonewall publishes groundbreaking research examining the experiences of children with gay parents.
- Children of lesbian couples ‘have fewer behaviour problems’
- Mom’s Apple Pie: The Heart of the Lesbian Mothers’ Custody Movement
- Since the trailer went live…
- Teaser Trailer for Raising Hell
- The important thing is love
- from observer: New surrogacy law eases the way for gay men to become legal parents
- Interview with Spare Rib Co-founder taken from Observer Review